Apply for Funding
Family Center Program Implementation RFQ
The Commission is accepting applications for Family Center Program Implementation Investments for the 2023-24 fiscal year. Applications are due June 30, 2023. Please review the Request for Qualifications for more information and application instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
All agencies and organizations that serve Butte County, California children aged 0-to-5 and their families are eligible to apply for funds. Funds shall not be used to supplant existing funding or result in savings.
Applications must be submitted online through the Submit Funding Inquiry link. You will receive a response within 7-10 business days after you submit an inquiry for funds. If your inquiry is approved, you will receive an email with next steps in the application process. Funds shall not be used to supplant existing funding or result in savings.
STEPS TO SUBMITTING AN INQUIRY/REQUEST FOR FUNDS:
- Thoroughly review the Strategic Plan and sample templates.
- Applications must be submitted online through the Submit Funding Inquiry link with brief information about your request. You will receive a response within 7-10 business days.
- If your inquiry is approved, you will receive an application and additional instructions. (If your inquiry is denied, you will receive a denial email.)
- Submit your completed application and all requested additional information: W9, Proof of Insurance, etc.
- Professional Development: Professional development funds in amounts of up to $1,000 are to be used for expenses associated with trainings, workshops, summits, conferences, and related educational opportunities that align with the Commission's current Strategic Plan and role of the individual attending the educational opportunity. Grantees and engaged partners will receive priority, and funds will be provided through reimbursement.
- Mini-Grant: Mini-Grants in amounts up to $2,500 are designed to fund direct service programs for children and families, and can include classes, enrichment opportunities, event sponsorship's, or other family strengthening connections.
- Event Sponsorship: Funding in amounts up to $1,000. Events can vary in purpose, activities, and resources, but must serve 0-to-5 year olds and their families in some capacity.
Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Proposed Budget
- Organization or Individuals W9
- Proof of Insurance
- Letter of Support from employer (as applicable)
The Commission has the right to request other information not listed above as appropriate.
All funding requests should pertain to the 0-to-5 population and/or their families and align with the current Strategic Plan. To determine if your request aligns with the Commissions Strategic Plan, review the document in its entirety while giving special attention to the strategic framework.
First 5 Butte grant funds are as reimbursements to funds spent. Funds are dispersed after invoices are submitted for reimbursement. Due to the nature of a reimbursement, the awarded agency will pay for the costs with their funds and receive funds from First 5 Butte once the proper documentation and receipts have been submitted to Commission staff. Once those documents have been reviewed and approved by staff, a check will be mailed to the partnering agency for the amount approved per the invoice.
Templates & Information
These resources describe the process for applying, managing, and required reporting for funding from First 5 Butte County.
Contract Template Example
Mini-Grant Report Template
Budget Template Sample
Demographic Reporting Template
Professional Development MOU Template
At this time, the Commission is not accepting discretionary funding inquiries.