This is an accessibility statement from First 5 Butte County.
Measures to support accessibility
First 5 Butte County takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of First 5 Butte County:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. First 5 Butte County is fully conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of First 5 Butte County. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on First 5 Butte County:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Accessibility of First 5 Butte County relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of First 5 Butte County , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for First 5 Butte County:
- Feature Navigation on the home page: Featured section navigation text may not meet color contrast requirements because the text has been inset on a photographic background that is randomly selected from a few options. We have added background gradients to improve contrast and offered two alternatives to these same navigation items: in the site's Main Navigation and Footer Navigation menus, which offer high color contrast. If you have a specific issue with our approach, please do not hesitate to contact us. We value your specific input, and will address the issue expediently or otherwise help accommodate your use of our site and public services.
First 5 Butte County assessed the accessibility of First 5 Butte County by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 27 August 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.